Brake Repair: Kearns
Taking care of your brakes is an important responsibility when you own a vehicle. If your brakes begin to malfunction or have any issues, then that means that your life, and the safety of everyone on the road, is compromised. The experienced technicians that we have at Master Muffler in Kearns have a thorough knowledge on brake systems, and can help you get your vehicle in safe and working order.
Warning Signs of Brake ProblemsHere are some of the common signs that your brake system is having issues and needs to be looked at or repaired:
- Grinding and Screeching: Grinding and screeching sounds when you press on the brakes means that the pads are worn down and need to be replaced.
- Pedal Vibrations: Vibrations in the brake pedal or steering wheel mean that something in your brake system could be misaligned or loose.
- Burning Smells: The smell of burning can be many things in your vehicle, but are often caused by your brakes overheating.
- Pressure Loss in Pedal: The pressure in your pedal should have a high resistance. If it’s not there, then you might need to replace the master cylinder in your brake system.
- Brake Light Indication: Some vehicles have a light that will alert you if it finds something wrong with the brake system.
How Brakes Work
Brakes work by taking the kinetic energy of your vehicle and using its own weight and power to slow it down by creating friction. This is accomplished with two main types of brake systems: disc brakes and drum brakes.
Disc brakes use two parallel pads on the wheel and rotor that compress into each other when you slow down. Drum brakes operate by utilizing brake shoes inside of a master cylinder in each wheel that press against the drum when you want to slow down. Both of these brakes allows you to stop more smoothly.
Get an Inspection, Today!
If you’re in the Kearns area and are in need of brake repair, brake maintenance, or simply a brake inspection, then don’t hesitate to give our team a call today and stop by! Our technicians strive to keep you on the road with a safe and well-functioning vehicle.